Don’t let the eclipse overshadow your business!
Don’t let the eclipse overshadow your business! Make sure your day is aligned correctly.
The total solar eclipse will be Monday, August 21, at 1:28 p.m. The process actually starts about an hour and a half before that and completely ends and hour and a half after. It WILL affect your business in some way. For example:
- Parents will be affected by no school.
- Nashville is predicting gridlock traffic.
- Employees don’t want to miss a “once in a lifetime” event.
Tips for productivity and inclusion:
- Change shift times if you have people that start between 1 and 2 on a normal day.
- Plan a 30 minute lunch break during the eclipse so everyone can attend if they chose.
- Be flexible with your work force. If they can work from home, encourage it!
- Plan an event around it! Company picnic? How about an Eclipse Party?!
If you allow your people to experience the eclipse at work:
- Be safe! Educate them to not look directly at it
- Remind them to bring their “special glasses” if they choose
PLAN NOW, for a successful day that you and your employees will never forget!