The narrative application should be limited to three typed pages.
Essential elements include:
- Project name
- Primary grant administrator/investigator
- Description of the project to include goal(s), time-line, action steps to achieve each goal, and results
- Budget and a budget narrative to explain use of requested funds and available school funding
- Clear linkage of the proposed project to established school or school system goals
- Letter of support from the principal and, when appropriate, school system for school-wide project
- The project must be completed within the current school year and an end of the year report submitted no later than May 31, 2018
Funding categories are as follows:
- Single teacher application - up to $500
- Multiple teacher application - up to $1,500
- School-wide application - up to $3,000
We encourage three applications per school, so please prioritize and submit accordingly. An evaluation committee within the Chamber Foundation will review all applications submitted.
Application deadline for the 2017-18 school year is September 22, 2017. Applications are to be submitted electronically to the Hendersonville Chamber Foundation at the following email address:
Awards will be announced at the Golden Apple event on October 17, 2017 at Bluegrass Yacht & Country Club.