The Chamber Foundation is the 501(c)(3) non-profit arm of the Chamber whose mission is to provide educational resources to the Hendersonville community. Fundraising for the Foundation is obtained through personal and business donations, advertising sales for the Portrait of Hendersonville, and the annual Freedom Festival event held every July 3.
The Hendersonville Chamber Foundation supports Sumner County Education Initiatives through various organizations and community connections.
Hendersonville Chamber Foundation Teacher and School Grant Program
The Hendersonville Chamber Foundation has created a grant program to promote K-12 education in the greater Hendersonville area as served by the Hendersonville Area Chamber of Commerce. The purpose of the grant program is to address a unique need or to develop a creative new program which advances teaching and learning within the guidelines of the respective public or private school. The grant project must fit within the established mission of the school and coincide with the goals and objectives of the school or school system. Although a project may focus on a single teacher and classroom, teams supporting grade or discipline wide results are permissible, as well as a school-wide project. In each case, the project’s overall goals, specific time sensitive action steps, and evaluation of success must be clearly identified. For team or school applications, a primary grant administrator must be identified as well as each team member. The goal(s) of the project must have a direct impact on student success and learning and the funding requested cannot offset taxpayer funding already provided for the project.
The Chamber Foundation Board of Directors
- Taylor Hooks, Foundation Board Treasurer - Sean Roach & Associates, PC
- Chad Coley, Foundation Board Member - Macon Bank & Trust
- Chris Rippy, Foundation Board Member - Pinnacle Bank
- David Kimbrough, Foundation Board Member - Freedom Title
- Dr. Charles Lea, Immediate Past Chair - Welch College
- Dr. Renee Dauer, Foundation Board Member - Union University
- Frances Marcou, Foundation Board Member - Re/Max Choice Properties Marcou Team
- Hilary Marabeti, Foundation Board Member - Vol State College
- Kara Brumley, Foundation Board Member - Goddard Schools
- Kathleen Hawkins, Chamber Foundation President - Hendersonville Chamber
- Kori Langford, Foundation Board Member - Myer's Front Porch
- Lile Rogers, Foundation Board Member - Retired Public Schools
- Lindy Gaughan, Foundation Board Member - Re/Max Choice Properties Gaughan Team
- Steve Botts, Board Chair - Heritage Financial Group